Airtel, Dangote, WAPCO rebounds strongly, investors gain N310 billion
Nigerian Stocks end the first trading session of the week on a positive note. The All Share Index gained +1.73% to close at 34,843.44 points as against a 0.94% drop recorded last Friday.
- Nigerian Stock market Year-to-Date (YTD) returns presently stands at +29.81%. Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization currently stands at N18.2 trillion. Investors gained N309.78 billion.
- However, Nigerian Stocks trading turnover on Monday ended bearish as volume dipped by 73.86% as against the +43.71% surge recorded last Friday. ZENITH BANK, GUARANTY, and ACCESS were the most active to boost market turnover.
- The market breadth closed positive as AIRTELAFRI led 26 Gainers as against 14 Losers topped by INTBREW at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- AIRTELAFRI up 10.00% to close at N704
- BOCGAS up 6.35% to close at N7.2
- GUINNESS up 3.82% to close at N17.65
- DANGCEM up 2.73% to close at N188
- WAPCO up 2.19% to close at N21
- INTBREW down 9.89% to close at N6.47
- CUTIX down 9.47% to close at N1.72
- NASCON down 9.38% to close at N14.5
- ARDOVA down 6.51% to close at N12.2
- UBN down 5.50% to close at N5.15
Nigerian Stocks against headwinds continued its bullish trend, amid crude oil prices trading above $50/barrel at the U.S trading session.
- Buying pressure from Industrial Stocks and Telcom stocks, particularly Airtel Africa kept the bullish run in the play, amid significant sell-offs seen in some notable Nigerian stocks like Union Bank, International Breweries.
- Nairametrics envisage you seek the advice of a certified stockbroker or financial advisor in choosing stocks to buy, as some Nigerian stocks exhibit cyclic returns.
Source:Nairametrics, December 15, 2020